"Thou shalt not kill."(Exodus 20:13)
sixth commandment was very short, it has a lot of meaning. But as you know, we are here to discuss the spiritual thought and not the basic and literal meaning of it.
What is Killing
It is an act of taking-off the life of a living thing.
We all know the Biblical history about Cain and Abel. Cain kill his younger brother Abel.
"And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him."(Genesis 4:8)
"Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous."(1 John 3:12)
In the spiritual meaning of killing, it is an act of hating your brethren and telling them bad words.
"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."(1 John 3:15)
"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."(Matthew 5:21-22)
Anger without a cause is an act of killing. If your heart is full of hatred, you will fall under the Sixth Spiritual Law.
Contribute A Cent - A Holy Temple Building Project
Related Topics About 10 Spiritual Law
- The First Spiritual Law Meaning - 1st Commandment
- The Second Spiritual Law Meaning - 2nd Commandment
- The Third Spiritual Law Meaning - 3rd Commandment
- The Fourth Spiritual Law Meaning - 4th Commandment
- The Fifth Spiritual Law Meaning - 5th Commandment
- The Sixth Spiritual Law Meaning - 6th Commandment
- The Seventh Spiritual Law Meaning - 7th Commandment
- The Eighth Spiritual Law Meaning - 8th Commandment
- The Ninth Spiritual Law Meaning - 9th Commandment
- The Tenth Spiritual Law Meaning - 10th Commandment
Sixth Spiritual Law - The Sixth (6th) Commandment - Hatred and Anger Is A Killer
4/ 5Oleh Eve Adams