"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s."(Exodus 20:17)
tenth commandment given to prophet Moses we can justify that the meaning of it is also stealing or robbing the things own by your neighbor. But when we look at the Spiritual view, the tenth commandments are referring to those who are greedy or too much love on material things.
There is a story on a Bible about a very wealthy man and that story became a example to the Christians to avoid being greedy in life.
"And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."(Luke 12:15-21)
Being a materialistic or literal man, will not help for your spiritual growth. A greedy mind is a mind of an UN-focus man and will not achieve any spiritual blessing. Being greedy and materialistic person will put you under the Tenth Spiritual Law.
Contribute A Cent - A Holy Temple Building Project
Related Topics About 10 Spiritual Law
- The First Spiritual Law Meaning - 1st Commandment
- The Second Spiritual Law Meaning - 2nd Commandment
- The Third Spiritual Law Meaning - 3rd Commandment
- The Fourth Spiritual Law Meaning - 4th Commandment
- The Fifth Spiritual Law Meaning - 5th Commandment
- The Sixth Spiritual Law Meaning - 6th Commandment
- The Seventh Spiritual Law Meaning - 7th Commandment
- The Eighth Spiritual Law Meaning - 8th Commandment
- The Ninth Spiritual Law Meaning - 9th Commandment
- The Tenth Spiritual Law Meaning - 10th Commandment
Tenth Spiritual Law - The Tenth (10th) Commandment - Too Much Love Will Kill You, Living In A Material World
4/ 5Oleh Eve Adams